Weekend in Cameron Highlands !
posted on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 at 09:19 by Calleigh Ee Laine



The last few days of my semester break, headed down to Cameron's with Vincent's family. As promised, I'm going to post about the weekend and show you guys what we did. :)

Here goes,

On Friday, we left our place at about 10 AM. Got on the road then we stopped at some rest stop for lunch. Me & Vincent had KFC. :O. By the time we got up to Camerons, it was already 3PM. I guess it was cause of the jam. :/ ( was napping ). Then we got to the company bungalow house dan dump our stuff then we headed to a Smokehouse for tea & scones. Yummm ! :)

I didn't take pictures of the place, so sorry. :( But, i'll show you the outside of the bungalow :)
It's actually a very beautiful place. It has so much charm & they even have fireplaces & it was so cold, mind you. There were no fans or airconds :)





This is the front part of the house. 




 This is the other side of the house :) 

Isn't it charming. They still have the whole black & white look ! :) I was so mesmerized by the insides of the house. They were all carpeted and with comfy furniture ! :) 

Dinner was at home. We had steamboat. By that time, it has gotten chilly and steamboat was the best cure for cold weathers like these :) 

The next day was quite fun, woke up to a table of coffee, tea, eggs and sausages. I filled up my tummy with as much as I could. I was sooooooo hungry. I didn't sleep well also. Vincent fell ill, his temperature was so high, I was too afraid to fall asleep. 

As he got better, we headed out to the BOH tea plantation. As, Vincent's uncle brought his kids, and they haven't seen one before, so they decided to bring them there to pluck tea leaves and to look at the scenery.  It was a breezy morning, so walking up the steps to the plantation wasn't too bad. But I was panting like mad. :/ 

These were the pictures I took while we were there. Mostly pictures of the tea plantation. :) 



These were the staff quarters. They even have a school here ! Must be nice studying, looking out at this beautiful sight everyday. 




The Morning Glory that I took while on the way walking up to the plantation. It was just poking outta nowhere. Just wanting me to take a picture ! :) 



Okay. This is a random picture. It looked so much like one of those leaves I saw on a Dinosaur cartoon I watched when I was younger. :) 

While we were up there, we just sat & enjoyed the breeze and the smell of the tea plantation. We also had cookies and tea . It was an awesome feeling. I haven't felt so good in such a long time :) 
I was also glad that Vincent was feeling better. His face wasn't as pale anymore. :) *phew*

This is one thing I haven't done before : Pluck your own strawberries ! We went to this farm cause the kids wanted to do it. Vincent's dad, asked all of us to go and pick strawberries. I took awhile to pluck them cause i didn't see any that i liked. But, then this nice farmer took Vincent somewhere else to pick strawberries and he came back with a box full and they're so BIG !

But I only got pictures of the small ones cause I didn't follow him :(


This one hasn't started blooming (?) yet. 





One of the red ones that I found. ;) ( it's pretty small,no? ) 


The same routine as the day before, we had lunch, at some small cafe which has a variety of stuff. So, since the weather was chilly I had something soupy. :) 

The old folks wanted to go to the Pasar Malam ( night market )after resting awhile at home and then wanted to head out at about 3PM. So since Vincent's not feeling to well so I decided not to join them. So, while they were out, I felt a little bored. The kids were stuck to their TV and Vincent was upstairs sleeping. I walked out, and realized that there were so many pretty flowers in the garden. So I whipped out my phone and took some pictures.





After the flowers, i really couldn't take it anymore. We couldn't go out for a walk cause then the kids would be home alone. Then I remembered, I brought my iPad ! I have some movies inside !
We watched Cars 2, we were also camwhoring. ( hee ! ) Just to pass the time before dinner.





That was the last night of our trip. We had to sleep early cause the next day, they wanted to do some last minute shopping, then head down to Ipoh for lunch. The trip was one of the most relaxing ones. :)

I had so much fun !

till then :)



Labels: ,




‹ Backward Forward ›


Back to top